Carved Phalli

Starting on a tangent, plurals can be so difficult!  Is the plural of phallus -- phalli or phalluses?  Is the plural of penis -- penes or penises? (Actually, all those plurals are acceptable -- take your choice.) Maybe I should have titled this post "Carved Cocks" or "Carved Dicks" as the slang words are more easily made plural.

Following up on my last post about amulets, which are often carved, I thought I would give you a sampling of some carved male organs of reproduction, and as you would expect they are erect.






2 comments:

Joe said...

These carved phalli are beautiful. I wish I had one in my new house, but I think both my mother and landlady would faint if they saw it, LOL.

A doctor I used to house sit for had an oosik, the penis bone of a walrus, on his mantle. I always loved that thing, LOL. It was big shiny and beautiful.

Uncutplus said...

Thanks for your comments, Joe. Unfortunately, most of the time, these carved phalli remain in the top drawer of one of my bedside tables out of sight for the same reasons you just mentioned. I am sure that I will see them now more often on my site than I see the real items in person.