Coronal Papillae

What are those tiny little white bumps around the edge of my dick's head, you ask.   They are known as coronal papillae.
Ignore the black arrow as it is pointing to the frenulum. 
Look instead at the little white bumps under the edge of the glans.

Those of us who were never circumcised discover them during our teens, and they often occur into our twenties.  Lots of friction such as masturbation sometimes causes them to become tender and painful.  However, they are normal and are nothing to worry about.

They tend to go away by the late twenties as in this example:

In my experience, circumcised guys usually do not have coronal papillae.  Because the glans is constantly exposed to underwear, etc., it tends to dry out and the little white bumps just don't seem to form.  If you are circumcised and have these pearly white bumps, then please let me and others know in the comments below.

If you are a fan of Bel Ami's Eastern European uncut guys, you will notice the coronal papillae in abundance!







(Click on the above images in order to see the coronal papillae more clearly.)

6 comments:

Rubio said...

Great explanation. I am circumcised but I do have 2 of the papillae that occur right where the coronal ridge meets the frenulum.

Joey said...

I am circumcised and have these all along the edge of my penis head. I noticed them in my late teens, still have them but Im only 20. I can send in a pic if wanted. :)

Anonymous said...

46 years old - cut - have a myriad of these all along the coronal ridge (also one on each side of frenulum (like Rubio). They are pronounced and have never dissapeared.
CR

Anonymous said...

I'm 58, intact. First noticed them in my 20's. Went to the doctor -- I thought they were warts! He told me they were pearly penile papules. I like the name coronal papillae better. They're still there.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I am 44 and circumcised, I have had these since my early twenties and still do.

Anonymous said...

i do not have papillae but i have a really long tight foreskin overhang a C9-10 ON THE FORESKIN SCALE SO AFTER A DAY OF SWEATING AND PISSING I ALWAYS HAVE A SMEGMA BUILD UP THAT DOESHAVE A MUSK SMELL TO IT AND THAT I LIKE AND SO DOES MY WIFE AND MOST MEN THAT HAVE SUCKED MY UNCIRCUMCISED COCK!!